[MathSoc Council] Breadth & Depth Requirements

Brook Jensen brwarner2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 13:14:07 EST 2012

I'm pro depth, anti-breath. Most students for breath just end up taking
courses they have absolutely no interest in, and therefore learn nothing.
It's simply filling up the lectures with people who don't want to be there,
wasting their time and money, and also that of the teacher. I'm pretty sure
we can't expect students in this position of taking a course purely because
they're told to, to actually remember any of the content and therefore
obtain the "breath" that the courses supposedly offer.
--
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Computer Scientist,
Brook Jensen