[MathSoc Council] [ELPE] - Course Development

Catherine Sun vpa at mathsoc.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Oct 5 20:22:48 EDT 2013

Hi Council members,

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
As all of you know, the Mathematics Faculty is proposing to eliminate ELPE
and replace it with English courses in order to improve students'
communication and writing ability.
Attached is the proposal approved at the previous UAC (Undergraduate
Affairs Council) meeting.
Steve Furino, the Associated Dean, is looking for council members who are
willing to provide their input to the English course development.
If you are interested in creating a new set of English courses which better
serves students in your program, please reply to this email and I will
direct you to Steve.
Thank you so much for your time and please let me know if you have any
questions.

Best,
Catherine (Nan) Sun
Vice-President, Academics