[MathSoc Council] Council Meeting October 16th

Darcy Alemany dtaleman at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 14 12:44:09 EDT 2013

According to the bylaws, the definition of a voting member includes "The
President of any society recognized by the Federation, or their respective
designates." The word 'designates' involves some sort of appointment or
official designation, so in my understanding it doesn't follow that
non-President club execs become non-voting members in the President's
absence unless the President says otherwise. Rather, it's the opposite:
non-President execs of clubs are not members of Council, even in the
President's absence, unless the President specifically designates them or
they are a member for some other reason.