[MathSoc Council] Operations Policy Changes

Ty Rozak vpo at mathsoc.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 4 16:26:22 EST 2014

Hi Jeremy,
I shall try to address your questions in order:
1) The limitation on external bookings: This is fixing a real problem. We have had instances where FEDS clubs wished to book our space for up to a month which is simply not what it should be used for. As for your amendment, I think the VPO needs to be involved in the decision. If Council decides to amend this, I would recommend the wording be, "or at the discretion of the Vice President, Operations and one other member of the Executive Board".
2) Lateness: Take the following example, a club books the hallway and tables for 9:00am. An executive then has to come in at that time to set up the tables when they may normally come in at a later time. If that club is late (say by an hour), the time of that Executive has been wasted with no consequence for the club. This has happened on numerous occasions in the past.

Thank you,

Ty RozakVice President, Operations - Winter 2014Mathematics Society, University of Waterloo